Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rookie Move - I'm a loser

I'll never claim to be organized or perfect, but I do have personal "systems" in place to keep me on track and they seem to work. Yeah my desk is messy and my car could use a good cleaning, but somehow it works.
Last night I was geared up to do a night ride in Auburn with the boys and managed to pull a rookie move.

I've been on many rides where people have forgotten the essentials and I thought I was exempt from such silly mistakes with my "system" and super-huge gear bag to "hold it all"... well... not so. We got to Auburn, parked, the weather was awesome for a night ride. The bike was DIALED and I was really looking forward to ride. FORGOT MY SHOES. No excuse.

"You guys go... I'm going to sit here and punish myself and figure out a back up plan". I didn't want to be "that guy" who screws up the ride. Turns out that Erin (my wife) was able to drive up and get me. I simply went and had a meal and beer to commemorate my stupidity and waited for my ride. I think the gear bag will grow to accommodate 2 pairs next time. Sorry guys, but I'm bringing more crap!
-Papa.

No comments: