Monday, January 14, 2008

Road Rides and Sunshine

Yesterday was our 2nd Team Road ride. Great day, good group of people. I hadn't spent too much time on the road bike for past few weeks, so doing 70 miles was a little painful, but needed. With the MTB season just around the corner, I've been gearing up for more mileage and strengthening to help up the ante on the SS. Boggs, Sea Otter and COOl24 are the biggest blips on my radar for the Spring, and Death Ride is not far behind. I won't know until March if I got in, so I'm assuming so for now. Worst case is that I don't get in, but I'll be in shape and primed for everything else.
The great weather has kept the shop on its toes for the past few days. Fairly busy with new customers looking to upgrade and get ready for the season. January keeps amazing me each year with the amount of people who don't skip a beat when colder weather rolls in. I'm totally impressed (and inspired) by those who ride just as much in the winter as the do during the warmer months. I try, but sometimes that 32 degree marker on the back porch is screaming "NO" on the subconscious....
Coffee time...
-PC

No comments: