Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mad Cat Team Podium

We kicked off the season last weekend with the TBF MTB Kickoff. We had 9 riders in various categories, all of which took 5th place or better in their respective divisions. A friend of someone made the comment that we had some sandbaggers, but these folks have worked hard to get where they are in the standings. Most of these folks podiumed in the Expert category, 2nd and 3rd place, so there's not much sand baggin' going on there! One of our junior riders captured 1st in the Sport mens 19 and under. Nice job Evan!
At any rate, the team trainings and rides have sure helped. For the first time in the history of single-speed racing, I took a wonderful 5th place out of 14 riders. There's some fast guys in my age group 30-39, and even faster guys in the 40-49. Next year I jump up to compete against the older crowd. I think I'll be hurting. :-)
I'm just enjoying the fact that all the training is paying off. This season should be a blast.

Stay dry and wish for clear sky!
Papa Cat

No comments: