Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Coming up: Cyclocross Season!


Mountain bike races have started to taper, road events are still going strong, but soon cyclocross season will be here. Our team is gearing up for a CX season to remember. With over 12 of our teammates commiting to the season, we'll have an awesome showing at both the local and bay area races. I'm extremely excited about the season and am starting to ramp up the training. I've enjoyed all the road riding and obviously all the MTB racing so far this season, and now it's time to put the two together into one really fun sport. We'll be down in Vegas for one of the big pro CX races, just as our local series takes off. It'll be a great way to get us all jazzed and ready. There's only a small handful of folks on the team that are podium ringers, but a great deal of hopefulls including myself. I don't think I'm podium quality for CX, but who knows. I'll give it my best. LAst year I struggled in the B's and then for kicks raced in the C's and did pretty well. I think I belong in B's because I typically race Expert single-speed, but I'm still new to CX. Maybe I should be a new category called BC. :-)

Papa Gato

No comments: