Saturday, July 12, 2008

Clear in Sac?

I saw blue skies today! I thought it was a mirage until it included a aircraft at about 30k'. nice.

Today is the Death Ride. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, but didn't. Planned to do a fun MTB ride instead and it looks like that one got smoked out just like a dude driving '63 bus with tye-dye curtains. We've opted to head west and go spin around Tamarancho tomorrow in Fairfax. We're praying that the bay area coastal winds has kept the "Fire Fog" at bay (or away from bay).

I picked up my new CX bike this week and I'm pretty stoked about the season coming up. I'm no pro at CX, but it sure is fun and it's a great sport for spectators. The family can come out and watch you race and not have to stand around twiddling their thumbs for 2 hours while you're somewhere "out on the course". The Sac CX series all takes place in and around Sacramento. I highly encourage anyone to try it out. It's also a way to keep in shape between seasons. Check out http://www.sacramentocx.com/ to learn more. 2008 dates will be posted soon.

We'll be stocking CX supplies as well, so feel free to stop by and pick our brains. We carry Giant, Salsa and Kona CX bikes. We can also get Redline, Masi and a few others.

-The Mad Cat

No comments: