Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gas Bad - Pedals Good

The shop has been overwhelmed with folks looking to save gas and start pedaling. We are regularly hearing requests for bikes to get from A-B and y-Z. Function over form seems to be the trend, but yes we're still selling tons of FS MTB's and road bikes for the enthusiasts out there.

Intrinsic satisfaction seems to be happening regularly (at least on my end) while helping someone find the right bike and all the associated gear. Yeah, selling bikes pays the bills, but selling cycling and the sport is more rewarding. I love it when customers stop in after a day of "hitting the shops" and searching for that special bike to suit their needs. We do our regular presentation, ask them some questions, get to know their needs and make some suggestions. Somewhere in the process, the customer usually begins to appreciate what we do... they're not always looking for the "best deal", but the best service and relationship. We're not a huge shop that carries every bike for every person, but I feel that we care and will do our best to meet their needs. Having someone thank you for the wonderful service at the end of a sale is worth more than anything I sell.

I think that's my greatest reward for being a business owner.

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a recent I just wanted to say that I am one of the customers who you have helped as of late to get the bike that best suites me. I have to say that you went above and beyond any shop owner that I have encountered. Thank you and I am enjoying the bike very much.
I may also get into Cyclocross racing after hearing how enthusiastic you and the other guys at the shop talked about it.

Recently purchased a Giant TCX 0.