Saturday, April 12, 2008

Implosion Imminent

When we bought our first house, I experienced heartburn and stomach problems for well over a month. Probably from the stress. That was 9 years ago. It never went away, just kept quiet here and there for periods of time. For the past 6 months, it's been knocking at my door weekly. Doc's can't pinpoint the problem, can't prescribe anything that works. Now I'm starting to miss work, skip rides, wake up in the middle of the night in pain... life sucks.

Why write about it? Because I've realized that this same problem has also plagued my racing for many years. About 15 minutes into a race, I get the same nasty heartburn feeling and it slows me down for about 10 minutes before letting up. If I could only fix the problem, I'd probably be faster.

The problem is really bad at the moment, to the point where I might bail on the Napa Dirt Classic tomorrow if it doesn't get better in the next few hours. Frankly, it's pissing me off. Can't eat this, can't drink that... Mylanta, Tums, Pepto, Maalox... none of which "fix" the problem. Sucks to be me. Kaiser looks even more stupid each time I visit them.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll just cram a bunch of spicy, greasy crap down my stomach until I implode... then they'll have something to fix.

PC

No comments: