Saturday, February 16, 2008

Team High Road Debut

I was lucky enough to get invited to the Team High Road presentation/introduction yesterday in Palo Alto, so I bit the bullet and traveled down knowing fully that I'd be coming back on a Friday evening from the Bay Area.. Traffic wasn't too bad.
At any rate, the turnout was good.. Roger Hammond, George Hincapie, Linus Gerdemann, Michael Rogers, Greg Henderson and a bunch of big names in the cycling world. Phil Legget announced and introduced the team which is managed by Bob Stapleton.
I'm not as privy to the standings, but I believe this team has a pretty good chance this season at bringing home some wins. The most exciting part for me as a shop owner is seeing a strong team on Giant Bicycles. T-Mobile did well, which helps the brand, but with Hincapie on a Giant, I think the brand is going to do even better this year.
The bike: The new Team Advanced frame is amazing. Some crazy new implementations and lighter weight frame created by a brand new carbon process that hasn't been used by Giant before. They look really good.
My highlight of the day was actually exchanging words with Phil Leggett. He said "hey there, how're ya' doin'? I said "great, thanks".... :-) I supposed I could've actually stopped and chatted, but I'm sure he's got better things to do than talk with some bike shop owner about the weather...
Great team, let's hope they throw down this season!



PC

No comments: