Sunday, June 1, 2008

Birthday Mileage and Breakfast Club

Yesterday was Breakfast club... A few friends and I decided that once a month we will commit to a 5:00am breakfast and a 6am ride. It just so happens that yesterday was also my Birthday, so it was decided that I needed mileage to meet my age, which is becoming a tradition for our team. With my ripe old of 39, we set out to try and get about 40 miles in the Auburn area. The only way to effectively get that mileage without riding the same trail over and over again, is to ride all trails in the area.. Stagecoach-Manzanita-Flood-Clementine-Connector-Foresthill Divide and the quarry trail on the south side. We ended up with 44.9 in total, ending on the long climb back up Stagecoach in the sun with empty bottles, legs and souls. It was tough, but it felt good in the mind.

I ended the day with the Drive-in movies to see Ironman with the Team and a muscle relaxer that put me in a 10hour coma. Nice Birthday I'd say.

No comments: